I) Landing Tokyo
There are two international airports in Tokyo. It will not matter which airport you arrive to.
One is "Narita"(NRT), the other is "Haneda" (HND)
II) Take train to "Tokyo station"
- from Narita airport (NRT) : JR Narita Express (“N′EX”) = about 60 min.
- from Haneda airport (HND): Keikyu Line to "Shinagawa", and JR Line to "Tokyo" = about 40 min.
III) Take bullet train "Hokuriku Shinkansen" to "Joetsu-Myoko" station
1) from Tokyo Station, take the "Hokuriku Shinkansen" to "Joetsu-Myoko" station. = about 130 min.
2) Then the bus for ISfTE delegates will meet you at "Joetsu-Myoko" station to pick you up.
How to find your way at Tokyo station? Please click here!
Transportation in Japan is complicated.
Unfortunately, English does NOT work well in Japan.
The first challenge for you will be "getting from Airport to Tokyo station".
The following 3 minute movies are very helpful, so please watch in advance:
- from Narita Airport (NRT) to Tokyo station:
- from Haneda Airport (HND) to Tokyo station:
* Purchase the ticket from the airport to Tokyo station.
Please do not surprise at the long line in front of the ticket office.
It is very normal in Japan.
** At the Tokyo station, please see the guide.
Please print and bring it in advance. It will help you to find your way at Tokyo station which will be full of people and very crowded.
Finally, Please take care of your health in order to enjoy all programs we have during the ISfTE 2018 in Japan!
May you have a safe and comfortable trip!
* Generally, you can buy the ticket at any station.
* You'll depart from the same airport to which you arrived: "Narita"(NRT) or "Haneda" (HND).
- JR Narita Express "N'EX": http://www.jreast.co.jp/e/
- Hokuriku Shinkansen "Hakutaka": http://www.jreast.co.jp/e/routemaps/hokurikushinkansen.html